South Main Street Project Archives
South Main Street Improvement Project
This project includes improvements along Main Street between Perkiomen Avenue and approximately 41 Main Street funded with federal Community Development Block Grant dollars. The design and engineering costs are paid for by the Borough of Schwenksville.
- Selective road widening to allow for 11’ travel lanes, parking lanes on both sides of the street where width permits, and sidewalks for pedestrians
- Striping of a modified turn lane at Perkiomen Ave
- Replaced curbing and sidewalk with new curb & sidewalk
- Dedicated parking lanes with 15- 17 marked parking spaces (has changed with revisions)
- Three small bump-outs
- Planning for future Street-scaping improvements such as ornamental street lighting and holiday decorations.
Construction is anticipated for spring 2016. For background and frequently asked questions please read this South Main Street Project Background. To view the plan please look at Final South Main Street Sheet 3.
As a part of the Citizen Engagement Process, Council agreed to create a log of citizen comments compiled from three Project Specific Meetings, Submission of written comments , Comments at Regular Monthly Meetings and comments from individual meetings. The South Main Street Resident Concern Log is now available to view. Additional Information regarding this project will be posted shortly. Thank you for your interest and patience.